Requesting a review of an AMP
A person who is served with a Notice of Violation (NOV) may request a review of the alleged violation, of the amount of the AMP, or of both. This request must be made within 30 days after the day on which the NOV is served and is reviewed:
- By the Commissioner, if the amount of the penalty is $500 or less in the case of an individual, or $1,500 or less in the case of a corporation or entity; or
- By the Chief Electoral Officer, if the amount of the penalty is more than $500 in the case of an individual, or more than $1,500 in the case of a corporation or entity.
Regardless of who conducts the review, a person requesting a review must use the form available on this website. A person who wishes to mail in a review must direct an email to SecretariatSAP-AMPSecretariat@cef-cce.ca with request for a printable review form.
Instructions on how to fill out the form online
- Section A: Include the number of the NOV, write the date of service of the NOV and, write the amount of the AMP.
- Section B: Write the name of the person who was issued the NOV. If applicable, include the name of an authorized representative with their title. Finally, include the address of the person requesting the review or the address of their authorized representative, telephone number and email address.
- Section C: Select the preferred manner in which you wish to communicate during the review process, by selecting only one box: email or mail.
- Section D: Select the type of review requested, by selecting only one box.
- Then, click on the “Submit” button. You will automatically receive a reference number.