||Normand Morin of Montreal, Quebec
||On May 16, 2018, five charges were sworn under the Canada Elections Act (the Act) in the Court of Quebec in Montreal. The charges relate to an investigation into SNC-Lavalin Group Inc., for illegal contributions made to federal political entities.
||Normand Morin was charged with contravening section 404(1) of the Act by:
- soliciting political contributions from certain senior officers, and other employees of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc., as well as other persons, on behalf of federal political entities, while offering them a reimbursement from SNC-Lavalin Group Inc.;
- concealing the identity of the source of a contribution governed by the Act;
- soliciting a political contribution from Charles Chebl on behalf of a federal political entity, while offering him a reimbursement from SNC-Lavalin Group Inc.;
- acting in collusion with certain senior officials of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. and other persons for the purpose of circumventing or attempting to circumvent the prohibition of making contributions to political entities; and
- acting in collusion with certain senior officials of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. and other persons for the purpose of concealing the identity of the source of a contribution governed by the Act.
||On November 26, 2018, Normand Morin pleaded guilty to the first and fourth charges
||A total fine of $2000 ($1000 per charge) and applicable court fees.